- This event has passed.
“IMPLANTOPIA”: UTOPIA OR DYSTOPIA IN DENTAL IMPLANTOLOGY – IT’S ALL IN THE PLANNING
September 25, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$99
Audience: This course was created for doctors.
Restorative therapy for dental implantology has been described as everything from a “slam-dunk” to complicated. At times, this discipline has been referred to as entirely frustrating. Why is there such a disparity in perspectives on restoring dental implants? The bottom line…planning. In this Friday Super-Symposium, two distinct perspectives will be offered on this topic. In part one, Utopia will be described using a comprehensive planning approach to implant prosthetics. In part two, Dystopia will be discussed along with the “what-if” perspective when things do not go as planned. This will be followed by a panel discussion along with an extended question/answer period for the participants. In these symposia presentations, the following topics will be discussed:
Part One – “Utopia” – Chad Duplantis, DDS, FAG
• Implant diagnostics and considerations.
• Developing a full team approach through appropriate communication… digitally!
• Restorative options and considerations for single units and implant bridges.
Part Two – “Dystopia” – Miles Cone, DMD, CDT, FACP
• Communication with the laboratory including critical material choices, restorative philosophies, and shade selection.
• Worst-case scenarios in treatment planning.
• Fixed, Removable and combined implant prosthetics.
• Patient Case-studies (Good-bad examples)
Part Three – Live Panel Discussion – Chad Duplantis, DDS, FAGD. Miles Cone, DMD, CDT, FACP, Jeffrey W. Horowitz, DMD, FAGD
• Round-Table discussion on implant perspectives
• Question/Answer period