- This event has passed.
Keeping It Clean: Dental Unit Water Line Treatment & Monitoring
November 9, 2020 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pmFree
Hosted by Midway Education Center (MEC)
Are you confident your practice is compliant with the guidelines and recommendations from the CDC and EPA for safe clean dental treatment water? What are the best options to mitigate the risk from exposure to contaminated water and aerosols for patients and staff in your practice?
Providing clean, safe dental water is critical to implementing and maintaining an effective and ethical infection control program. This program will address compliance with current guidelines related to microbiological water standards and protocol recommendations for best treatment and monitoring of DUWL protocols to ensure patient and clinician safety.
Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
• Discuss factors contributing to the problem of microbiological contamination in dental unit waterlines and maintenance protocols critical for controlling microbial growth
• Discuss various treatments, monitoring, and shocking protocols to achieve dental unit waterline quality that will meet CDC/ADA recommendations
• Recognize the exposure risks of bioaerosols and contaminated splatter
• Recognize the importance of compliance with manufacturer IFUs for product performance and patient safety
• Create a written DUWL protocol which includes a monitoring schedule